The kids love it. The patties can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator. This makes it quick and easy to assemble and hence a perfect option when you are expecting friends over. Simple yet delicious.
- Chicken mince – 800 g
- Eggs – 1 no.
- Processed cheese (grated) – 50 g
- Onion (finely chopped) – 50 g
- Carrot (finely chopped) – 50 g
- Celery (finely chopped) – 25 g
- Leeks (finely chopped) – 25 g
- Coriander (chopped) – 20 g
- Mint (chopped) – 10 g
- Salt – to taste
- Crushed black pepper – 5 g
- Chilli flakes – 5 g
- Oil – to cook
- Tomato (sliced) – 4 large tomatoes
- Cheese slices (cheddar / processed) – 10 slices
- Iceberg lettuce – 10 large leaves
- Mayonnaise – 150 ml
- Mustard sauce – 50 ml
- Burger bun – 10 nos.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Saute carrots, onion, celery and leeks.
- Add them to the chicken mince along with cheese, herbs, spices and seasoning.
- Add egg to this mixture and mix well. Shape into 10 patties of ½” thickness (approximately 100 g each).
- Wrap in cling film and keep in refrigerator.
- These patties may be cooked on a grill, shallow fried, deep fried as it is or egg-washed-bread-crumbed and then deep fried.
- Cut the burger bun horizontally and toast lightly on a hot pan.
- Apply mayonnaise on one side and mustard on the other.
- Layer the lettuce leaves and tomato slices.
- Place the cooked burger patty on top.
- The grated cheese added to the chicken mice helps to keep the patties moist.
- The cheese slice may be put on top of the hot patty immediately after it is cooked or alternatively, it may be added just before the patty is to be put in the burger. In the latter case, it needs to be gratinated under a grill or in an oven.
- Make sure the mince is absolutely dry (no moisture).
- The mince should not be lean (should have enough natural or added fat) otherwise the final product would be dry and crumbly.
- The patties would cook better if they are cold.
- The cheese added to the mince meat helps in keeping the patties moist when they are cooked.
Please share the pictures of the burgers you have tried making at home. We would choose the best out of them and the winner would receive a surprise gift.